Wex Fuel Card Integration
Fleetio integrates directly with WEX fuel cards, automatically syncing fuel transaction data from the pump directly into Fleetio. Once you map your fuel cards to your vehicles in Fleetio, the process is completely automated.
The WEX fuel card integration is available to accounts on Fleetio's Pro and Advanced Plans.
NOTE: Fleetio does not currently integrate with Wex's Fleet One fuel card solution.
- Fuel card transactions are automatically downloaded each day. No more manual entry of fuel receipts or downloading and importing fuel transactions across systems.
- Metrics like MPG and cost-per-mile are calculated for each transaction. Easily analyze fuel spend from all angles - by vehicle, location, vehicle type, time frame, etc.
- Invalid odometer readings are automatically detected. Receive an email alert each day for bad readings and easily correct them. Invalid readings are automatically voided until fixed.
Imports occur automatically each day; however, the transaction dates might be delayed a few days.
WEX processing begins at 5:00 a.m. CST (6:00 a.m. CDT), and WEX transactions typically appear 1-3 business days after the card swipe occurs. Transaction data is not provided on weekends, therefore card swipes on Saturday and Sunday will see a brief delay.
Setting Up your WEX Fuel Card Integration
TIP: You'll need to have your 13 digit WEX fleet account number handy to start the fuel card integration process in Fleetio. For most WEX accounts, that account number starts with an 04.
However, some ExxonMobil account numbers start with 369 and are only ten digits.
You can start the WEX fuel card integration process at any time, by navigating to Fuel > Manage Fuel Cards on the blue Fleetio navigation bar. Click the green Add Fuel Card Account button, then select WEX from the drop down list.
On the Add Fuel Card Account pop up, enter your 19 or 10 digit WEX fleet account number and click Continue.
Please note that WEX charges a one time $100 setup fee to setup WEXLink which is required for the integration.
As a next step, you'll need to complete a few electronic forms via HelloSign. Click the GET STARTED button to digitally sign the WEX Data Release Forms, which will then be sent to WEX for processing.
At this point, you'll be able to follow the process through message updates on the Manage Fuel Card page.
- If you haven't yet signed the forms, you'll see the message "Awaiting Signature" and you'll need to click the Sign Data Release button to move forward in the process.
- If you've signed the forms, and WEX is currently completing the integration setup, you'll see the message "Pending Setup".
IMPORTANT: Most Wex setups take up to 7 Business Days. Accounts that have numbers starting with 0460, 0467, 0473, or 0478 may take an additional 7 business days as they need to be further processed by a third-party fuel integration.
- Once WEX has completed your integration setup, the integration status will be "Enabled".
- At this point, your WEX integration will be set up properly, but you will not have any Fuel Cards in Fleetio. WEX automatically sends Fuel Card Transactions to Fleetio, and then Fleetio will create the Fuel Cards on your account based off the transaction activity. Simply use your Fuel Cards to buy gas, and each card will be automatically imported into Fleetio after 2-3 days.
- Once WEX has completed setup on their side, you'll see the message "Manage Card Assignments" and you'll be able to start mapping your fuel cards to their associated vehicles. You'll also receive an email from Fleetio with instructions on how to map your fuel cards.
Optional: If you do not wish to wait a couple days to use the automatic fuel card import, you can manually add your Wex Cards into Fleetio on the Manage Fuel Cards page:
Assigning Fuel Cards to Vehicles
Once your fuel card details have been imported into Fleetio, you will need to assign each fuel card to a vehicle in order for transactions to be imported for that card.
Archiving a Fuel Card
You can archive a fuel card to remove it from your list of "live" fuel cards in Fleetio. Details are available on the Archiving Fuel Cards article.
Removing the WEX Fuel Card Integration
If you no longer need to integrate Fleetio with your WEX cards, you can remove the integration by clicking the More Actions button and selecting Remove.
IMPORTANT: If you remove your WEX integration, Fleetio will immediately stop updating your vehicle fuel data and you'll need to add all subsequent fuel entries manually or through an integration with another fuel card provider.