Verizon Connect Reveal Integration
With the Fleetio and Verizon Connect Reveal integration (formerly Fleetmatics), Fleetio will automatically import odometer readings on a daily basis from Verizon Connect Reveal data. (If a vehicle's odometer or engine hours have not changed, you won't see a daily update to the Odometer / Hour Meter History. Updates only occur when the odometer or hours change.) You can see the current Location of a Verizon Connect Reveal vehicle from the Vehicle Profile screen in Fleetio.
Verizon Connect Reveal is a native integration and includes the following features:
Calculated odometer values in Verizon Connect Reveal
Verizon Connect Reveal GPS units calculate mileage based upon distance traveled between very close data points, and is calculated no less than once each second. Previous studies conducted by Verizon Connect Reveal have shown GPS odometer readings to be in line with a vehicle’s odometer, but can have a small variance within 2.7%.
Verizon Connect Reveal Setup
NOTE: Before you can use the Verizon Connect Reveal integration, you will need to contact Verizon Connect Reveal Customer Care to set up your account for integration.
- Sign the Verizon Connect Reveal third-party consent to allow Fleetio to access your Verizon Connect Reveal data.
- Verizon Connect Reveal will enable an “Integration Username and Password” on your account. You’ll use this credential when enabling the integration below. You will not be able to log into the front end of Verizon Connect Reveal with this username and password.
Enable the Verizon Connect Reveal integration
- Go to Vehicles > Manage GPS Devices
- Under Add GPS Integration, click Verizon Connect Reveal
- Enter the Integration User username/password provided by Verizon (see above)
- Fleetio will complete a verification process and import device data, then you will be prompted to reload the page.
- Once authenticated, click the Manage Devices button:
- Click the Please select drop-down in the Assigned Fleetio Vehicle column to choose the corresponding Vehicle:
TIP: Read more in the Refresh Integrated GPS Devices article.
Unassignable Verizon Connect Reveal vehicles
Only vehicles with a Vehicle Number in Reveal can be assigned to vehicles in Fleetio. This is due to the fact that Reveal users must first set up each vehicle’s profile for website and API identification.
To set a Vehicle Number for your vehicles:
- Go to the Vehicle List from the Admin page in Reveal
- Edit any vehicles you wish to assign to Fleetio vehicles by setting the Vehicle Number field in the vehicle profile
- Save all changes
TIP: View the Vehicle Management article in the Verizon Connect Reveal Help Center.
NOTE: If you have a large set of vehicles to update, you can contact the Reveal Customer Care team to request a mass update to be made to your account using a CSV template.
Editing Vehicle Numbers in Verizon Connect Reveal
IMPORTANT: Once set, please do not edit Vehicle Numbers in Reveal if at all possible. Those numbers are the only identifier Fleetio can use to synchronize data from Reveal. If you make changes to Vehicle Number values in Reveal, it will break the Fleetio integration for those vehicles.
Fleetio offers several mitigation strategies to try to help customers if they do edit a Vehicle Number and unknowingly break the integration:
- An email is sent to the Fleetio Account Owner whenever a vehicle API request fails because the vehicle is not found in Reveal. This happens when a Vehicle Number no longer exists in Reveal (could have been deleted or the vehicle number could have changed).
- A daily check of the vehicle's attributes is made, and if found to be sufficiently different (and so potentially a switch in the Vehicle Number of two mapped vehicles), an email is sent to the Fleetio Account Owner.