Quick Start Guide for Administrators [Fleetio Drive]
TIP: This article provides an overview for administrators who are just getting started with Fleetio Drive. Please view our training video on [Drive] Drivers & Reports for a video walkthrough of these features.
Fleetio Drive Overview
Fleetio Drive is a smartphone-based GPS tracking solution that automatically tracks your drivers’ trips and associated driving behavior. Each driver will need a Fleetio account and a Tested and Recommended smartphone with Fleetio Go installed to accurately track their trips. Drivers simply turn on the “Drive Detection” setting in their Fleetio Go mobile app and their trips are automatically recorded.
Fleetio tracks two main areas of a Driver’s trip activity:
- Basic trip stats - time of day, route, distance and duration of every trip.
- Driving behavior - detects driving events like speeding, phone usage, hard braking, aggressive acceleration.
New to Fleetio? You’ll need to set up each driver as a User in Fleetio in order to track them. If your drivers already have Fleetio accounts, you’ll just need to make sure their account is configured properly.
To start tracking your drivers in Fleetio each individual will need a Fleetio account.
Adding new Users as drivers to your Fleetio account
Navigate to the Users and Permissions section of your account by clicking "Users" from the main menu on the left.
PERMISSIONS: Only Owners and Administrators can add and remove users in Fleetio.
TIP: If the driver is already set up in Fleetio, skip to the section titled Set Existing Users as Drivers below.
You can read more here on How to Add Drivers
Designate Users as Drivers
Ensure the Driver flag is turned ON:
IMPORTANT: Active Drivers are billed as part of your subscription. Setting someone as a Driver may change your billing amount.
Scroll down and click "Save User".
Repeat for each driver you’d like to track using Fleetio Drive.
NOTE: Each User you set up will receive an email that invites them to your account and asks them to create a password. Drivers will need to complete their own setup instructions: For Drivers: Getting Started with Fleetio Drive
Set existing Users as Drivers
From the Users list, choose the "More Options" icon on the right of a User's row.
Click "Set as driver" to make them a Driver.
NOTE: Ensure Drivers complete setup instructions so they can tracked: For Drivers: Getting Started with Fleetio Drive
View the Leaderboards
Fleetio scores and ranks your drivers based on their driving behavior. You can view a Leaderboard that shows how your drivers compare to one another by clicking Driver Leaderboard from the main menu on the left side:
Tips for Using Leaderboards
Drivers are ranked from Best to Worst based on average score. Learn more about scoring in the Scoring Overview.
Sort by column
Click a column header to sort the entire Report by column values. Your first click will sort from lowest to highest values. Click the header again to sort highest to lowest.
Sort by Rank
The Leaderboard automatically sorts from Best to Worst. However, you can change the rank sort to Worst to Best.
Fleetio's Reporting component lets you generate and view interactive reports about your fleet data in real time. If you’re new to Reports, read this helpful article about the basics of Fleetio Reports.
PERMISSIONS: Managers with "View all trip details" permissions as well as all Admins and Owners can access Reports.
Under the Trips section of Reports, you’ll find the Trips Report.
The Trips List lists all basic information for completed trips for your fleet.
Pull up the Trips List Report by clicking Reports from the main menu on the left.
Then, select the Trips List Report under the Trips section.
In the Trips List Report, you'll see details for every individual trip taken by all tracked drivers broken out my columns:
- Driver - Indicates which driver took the trip. Click the name of the driver to reveal more driver-related stats.
- Group - If you set-up Groups or Subgroups for your drivers, this column indicates which Group they belong to.
- Date - The date of the trip.
- Time - The start and end time of the trip.
- Duration - The amount of driving time (the difference between the start and end time) for the trip.
- Time Between Trips - The amount of time between the current and last trip taken by a driver. Excludes time between last trip of the previous day and the first trip of the next day the Driver took a trip.
- Start Address - The address where the trip was initially detected.
- End Address - The address where the end of the trip was detected
- Distance - Total distance covered between the start and ending addresses
- Score - Trip score based on the occurrence of driving events.
- Phone Usage - The total amount of time the driver was using their phone during their trip.
- Speeding - The total amount of time the driver was speeding during their trip.
- Aggressive Acceleration - The total amount of time the driver was accelerating aggressively their trip.
- Hard Braking - The total amount of time the driver was braking hard during their trip.
- Max Speed - The top speed a driver traveled at for five seconds or more during the trip.
TIP: Learn more about what triggers Driving Events such as phone usage and speeding in: Driving Events Defined.
Under the Contacts section of Reports, you’ll find the Driver Summary Report.
The Driver Summary Report shows aggregated data for completed trips, grouped by Driver. Includes number of trips, distance driven and score. Driver - Indicates which Driver the corresponding row of information concerns
- Driver - Associates data in a specific row to a Driver. Click on the Driver's name to see more about the Driver, including their Rank.
- Group - If you set-up Groups or Subgroups for your Drivers, this column indicates which Group they belong to.
- Trips - Total number of Trips taken over the selected time period.
- Duration - Total amount of time spent driving over the selected time period.
- Time Between Trips - The total amount of time between active trips for the selected time period. If looking at more than one day's worth of data, this excludes time between last trip of the previous day and first trip of the following day.
- Distance - Total distance driven for the selected time period.
- Average Score - The average of all trips and associated scores in the selected time period for that Driver.
- Phone Usage - The total amount of time the Driver was using their phone during the selected time period.
- Speeding - The total amount of time the Driver was speeding during the selected time period.
- Aggressive Acceleration - The total amount of time the Driver was accelerating aggressively the selected time period.
- Hard Braking - The total amount of time the Driver was braking hard during the selected time period.
- Max Speed - The top speed a Driver traveled at during the selected time period.
Sorting and Filtering
Sort by column
Click a column header to sort the entire Report by those column values. First click will sort from lowest to highest values. Click the header again to sort highest to lowest.
Use Report filters
Use the Report filters to the right of the Report to change the timeframe in the report, select a specific Driver or group or filter by score.
Once you’ve obtained the view of the data you desire, you can click the Export CSV button to export the Report in to a comma separated values file. Click Print to print a copy or export the Report to PDF.