The Contacts module in Fleetio provides your organization with the ability to store and report information for the various individuals your company employs and/or does business with.
Through Contacts you can identify individuals as Operators, Technicians, and Employees, as well as create Contact Reminders to trigger email notifications for important dates.
Contacts are also a great place to store Photos and Documents directly related to each record.
NOTE: There is also a separate Vendor module within Fleetio.
Contacts can be added individually or in bulk.
PERMISSION: Every user from the Manager level and up can View Contact information. Account Owners and Admins with the “Manage Contacts” permission have the ability to Add, Edit, and Delete Contacts. Managers with the “Create & Update Contacts” permission can only Add and Edit Contacts, they cannot Delete.
Add a Single Contact
- Basic Information: Name, Group, and Email (for Notifications). Designating a contact as an "Operator" allows the contact to be assigned to Vehicles, and as a "Technician" allows the contact to be selected for Labor entries on Work Orders. "Employee" simply identifies the Contact as an employee of your organization. Upload a Photo to display as the user's image, for example in Comments.
- User & Driver Management: Toggle the "Enable User" switch to the ON position if the Contact should have access to the Fleetio account, and toggle the "Enable Driver" switch to the ON position in order to allow Trip Tracking in Fleetio Drive.
- Contact Information: Enter Phone Number and Address detail.
- Personal Information: Enter an optional Job Title, Date of Birth, Employee Number, Start/Leave Dates, and Operator Details. You may also set the default Hourly Labor Rate which will pre-fill if this Contact is added to a Labor line item on a Work Order.
- Custom Fields: This section only displays if Custom Fields have been defined for the Contact Record Type.
3. Save the Contact or click “Save & Add Another” to quickly enter more Contact records
PERMISSION: Account Owners and Admins with the “Manage Account Settings” permission have the ability to import data into Fleetio.
Documents, Photos & Comments
Fleetio provides unlimited Photos, Documents, and Comments for each Contact record.
Use Contact Reminders to keep you up to date on important dates related to a Contact such as certification expirations, license renewals, and inspection deadlines. View our Contact Reminders article for more information.
Once these reminders are added to Contacts, you can start using the Contact Renewal Reminders report found in the Reports area to quickly see which reminders are Due Soon or Overdue.
Edit, Archive, or Delete Contacts
Maintaining a list of active and updated Contacts is important to keeping your Fleetio system healthy. Click the More Actions menu for additional options. The choices here vary depending on a variety of factors.
Contacts can be edited individually by clicking Edit. For bulk updates to existing Contacts, use the Import feature in Fleetio.
Visit our Updating Data via Import File article for more information on this process.
Archiving & Deleting Contacts
A Contact can be archived when you wish to retain their information in the system, but do not want the Contact to appear in your active list.
NOTE: Archived Contacts can be restored to an active status by clicking the “Archived Contacts” tab and choosing to “Restore Contact”.
The option to Delete a Contact is only available if no records (e.g. Work Orders) are associated with the Contact.
IMPORTANT: Deleting a Contact will remove all information from the system and cannot be restored.
Contacts can be Archived or Deleted individually, or in bulk by selecting the checkboxes for the applicable records and clicking “Archive” from the Contacts list.
Reporting on Contacts
Visit the Fleetio Reports area to access the Contacts List and Contact Renewal Reminders reports. If you have a Fleetio Drive subscription, your Driver Summary report will appear here as well.
Click the desired Report title, apply any Filters to refine your data, and then either view on screen, Export to .CSV, or Print to .PDF.