Effective parts management is key to running an efficient fleet. Fleetio makes it easy to keep track of lots of different parts, part manufacturers and vendors, and even parts usage via Work Orders.
The Settings area serves as the center for customizing various fields related to the Parts module.
PERMISSION: Administrators with the “Manage Account Settings" permission have access to manage all settings related to Parts.
- Part Categories: Assign categories to parts to help with report filtering as well as enhance reporting capabilities.
- Part Locations: Use Locations to keep track of parts stored at various warehouses or parts closets. On hand quantities are also stored on the Location level for a part.
- Part Manufacturers: Specify a part manufacturer for a more detailed description of the part. This information also serves as a visual aid on various pages for parts.
- Measurement Units: Use Measurement Units to specify how a part unit is measured. The “symbol” is an abbreviated name/text for a Measurement Unit.
- Inventory Adjustment Reasons: An adjustment reason is required when increasing or decreasing inventory quantity levels. These reasons only apply to Parts with the "Track Inventory" field set to the ON position.
- Custom Fields: Utilize the Custom Fields feature to store additional information about your parts.
Access the Parts component from your main Fleetio menu on the left sidebar.
To begin creating Part records, select + Add Part.
NOTE: When adding new Parts, the Number field is required. This number can be unique or the same as the Manufacturer Part #.
While the remaining fields for new Parts are optional, we strongly recommend you input as much information as possible to further describe the Part. This information will appear on various pages and reports in Fleetio, and will aid in reporting as well as when searching for Parts.
Locations & Inventory
Use the Location section to help specify exactly where a part is located in your facility. A single part can be added to multiple locations, or to the same location on a different aisle, row or bin.
A "Parts by Location" report is also available from the Reports area of Fleetio. See the last section in this article for more information.
Your inventory quantities can be adjusted once you have established locations for your parts. See our Inventory Overview document for more information on managing your
The Vendor section will help your organization not only track where parts are ordered from, but also the price and order dates. Utilize this area to reference previous order history for a Part.
Part Details & Additional Information
Click the link for the Part Number on the main Parts page to access additional information about the Part as well as add Comments, Photos and Documents.
The Activity tab displays all Work Orders where the Part was applied, in addition to the dates and quantities of inventory adjustments.
Comments, Documents & Photos
Utilize the Comments, Photos & Documents tabs to store additional information and/or important records related to the Part.
If a part is no longer in use, it can be archived using one of the the Archive actions from the Parts list.
Method 1: Bulk Select Parts
Method 2: Use "Actions" Menu
Archived parts may no longer be applied to Work Orders but you can view archived parts at anytime by selecting Archived in the Parts Location menu:
The Parts by Location and Parts by Vehicle reports can be accessed from the Reports area of Fleetio
Parts by Vehicle
The Parts by Vehicle report allows users to view all parts used on a vehicle and filter the data by a number of different fields (i.e. Vehicle Group, Part Number, Part Category, etc.).
TIP: View a vehicle's specific "part usage" directly from the vehicle's profile page.
Parts by Location
The Parts by Location report allows users to view all parts added to a specific location. Use Filters to drill down to a specific part, location or category.