Uploading Documents and Photos
Storing files in Fleetio is a great way to ensure they are backed up and available anywhere.
You can add files in multiple areas of Fleetio, including:
- Vehicle documents (Bill of Sale, insurance info, etc.)
- Vehicle photos (a "main" photo and more)
- Service Entry documents (scanned invoice, photos, etc.)
- Contact documents (scanned license, drug testing documentation, etc.)
- Issues documents (photos of damage, scanned estimate, etc.)
- Work Order documents (scanned purchase order, photos, etc.)
How To Upload Files
Drag and Drop
Anywhere you see a file "drag and drop" zone (box with dashed line) like below, you can drag documents into the area and they will automatically upload to Fleetio.
Choosing files on your computer or the web
You can click the file upload zone to bring up a screen with more upload options.
Click Choose File to find a file from your computer, or select one of the options on the left to upload a file already stored on the web.
Fleetio supports uploads from the following websites and services:
- Google Drive
- Direct Link (URL) to a file on the web
- Take a Picture using your computer's camera
- Record Video using your computer's camera
- Web Images
Uploading a Vehicle Photo
Photos can be added to a vehicle's profile by:
- Clicking the vehicle image
- Selecting New Photo from the quick add menu
- Accessing the Photos tab to the right of the vehicle details panel
Select the Make this the profile photo checkbox to set an image as the vehicle profile picture.
NOTE: When cropping photos in Fleetio, the image will be cropped into a square starting from the very center of the photo. If the image is square at any dimensions (100x100, 640x640, etc.) then the whole image will appear.
Where Can I Find a Vehicle's Documents?
When accessing an individual vehicle, click on the Documents link in that vehicle's menu. When you're on the Documents page for that vehicle, you'll be able to click to view individual documents, as well as edit the document's title. You can also see where that document was originally uploaded, whether it was to an Issue, Fuel Entry, on the Vehicle's overview page, etc. The documents are also still accessible on the original item as well, which you can access by clicking the Actions button (gear icon) and selecting the link to the source (example: "View Fuel Entry")