Integrating FleetCor Fuel Cards
Fleetio integrates directly with FleetCor fuel cards, automatically syncing fuel transaction data from the pump directly into Fleetio. Once you map your fuel cards to your vehicles in Fleetio, the process is completely automated.
Additional Details about Supported FleetCor Cards
Only the following FleetCor Cards are supported:
- Fuelman (US) - CFN cards are not supported
- Universal Mastercard (US)
- Universal Platinum Canada MasterCard
The FleetCor fuel card integration is available to accounts on Fleetio's Pro and Advanced Plans.
- Fuel card transactions are automatically downloaded each day. No more manual entry of fuel receipts or downloading and importing fuel transactions across systems.
- Metrics like MPG and cost-per-mile are calculated for each transaction. Easily analyze fuel spend from all angles - by vehicle, location, vehicle type, time frame, etc.
- Invalid odometer readings are automatically detected. Receive an email alert each day for bad readings and easily correct them. Invalid readings are automatically voided until fixed.
Imports occur automatically each day; however, the transaction dates might be delayed a few days.
FleetCor processing begins at 5:30 a.m. CST (6:30 a.m. CDT)
Fuelman transactions typically appear the next day after a card swipe. Transactions are not processed on Sundays however, so card swipes on Saturday will not typically show up in Fleetio until Monday.
Notice: Pricing information for Fuelman transactions is delayed
Pricing for Fuelman transactions "settles" weekly and will only be imported into Fleetio when that information is made available. Transaction data such as odometer, gallons, etc. will still be imported each night, but the total cost of the fuel transaction and price per gallon may be delayed up to a week as Fuelman cost data only posts on Tuesdays.
Fuel cards on the Universal Mastercard network typically appear 3-4 business days after the swipe occurs.
Setting Up your Fleetcor Fuel Card Integration
TIP: You'll want to have your FleetCor account number handy when you begin this process. It is typically a six or seven digit number starting with a 2 OR a five digit alpha numberic number (e.g. XX123).
You can start the FleetCor fuel card integration process at any time by navigating to Fuel > Manage Fuel Cards on the blue Fleetio navigation bar. Click the green Add Fuel Card Account button, then select Fleetcor from the drop down list.
On the Add Fuel Card Account pop up, enter your FleetCor account number and click Continue.
As a next step, you'll need to complete a few electronic forms via HelloSign. Click the GET STARTED button to digitally sign the FleetCor Data Release Forms, which will then be sent to Comdata for processing.
At this point, you'll be able to follow the process through message updates on the Manage Fuel Card page.
- If you haven't yet signed the forms, you'll see the message "Awaiting Signature" and you'll need to click the Sign Data Release button to move forward in the process.
- If you've signed the forms, and FleetCor is currently completing the integration setup, you'll see the message "Pending Setup"
- Once FleetCor has completed setup on their side, you'll see the message "Manage Card Assignments" and you'll be able to start mapping your fuel cards to their associated vehicles. You'll also receive an email from Fleetio with instructions on how to map your fuel cards.
Assigning Fuel Cards to Vehicles
Once your fuel card details have been imported into Fleetio, you will need to assign each fuel card to a vehicle in order for transactions to be imported for that card.
Archiving a Fuel Card
You can archive a fuel card to remove it from your list of "live" fuel cards in Fleetio. Details are available on the Archiving Fuel Cards article.
Removing the Fleetcor Fuel Card Integration
If you no longer need to integrate Fleetio with your Fleetcor cards, you can remove the integration by clicking the More Actions button and selecting Remove.
IMPORTANT: If you remove your Fleetcor integration, Fleetio will immediately stop updating your vehicle fuel data and you'll need to add all subsequent fuel entries manually or through an integration with another fuel card provider.
Fleetcor/Comdata Supported & Non-Supported Cards
Fleetcor acquired Comdata in 2014. Together they offer a variety of fuel cards that can be integrated with Fleetio, as seen in the graphic below.
The cards currently available for integration with Fleetcor/Comdata and Fleetio include:
Universal Premium MasterCard, Fuelman Advantage Platinum MasterCard, Universal Advantage Voyager, Fuelman Advantage Local Diesel, Fuelman Commercial Advantage, Fuelman Discount Advantage, Fuelman Diesel Advantage, BP Business Solutions MasterCard, BP Business Solutions, BP Business Solutions Plus, Chevron & Texaco Universal Business MasterCard, Chevron & Texaco Business Card, Chevron & Texaco Diesel Advantage, Arco Business Solutions, Comdata MasterCard, Comdata Proprietary, Kwik Trip Business Plus MasterCard, Kwik Trip Extended Fleet, Universal Platinum Canada MasterCard, HuskyPro MasterCard, Ultramar MasterCard, Chevron Business Card Canada, and Shell Fleet Navigator.
Integration with Fleetio is NOT available on the following cards: Pacific Pride-branded cards, CFN-branded cards, and FDR cards.